A DIGITIZED, ACCOUNTABLE AND PARTICIPATIVE MUNICIPALITY
Strengthen governance and ethics: build a more transparent and accountable public administration in Etterbeek, so that citizens can know why and how their money is spent.
Digitise the municipality: introduce user-friendly, online administrative processes to complement the lengthy procedures at the townhall. Less queueing is more quality time.
Reform the institutional setup of Brussels: Increase the coordination between Etterbeek and the other municipalities to ensure harmonised investments; create a stronger “Unity of Command” between the different local police forces, yielding more security and less criminality.
Favour the civil dialogue: ensure that citizens are actively involved in decision-making that affect their lives, also through live-streaming of all public local government meetings.
Facilitate active citizenship: introduce citizens’ assemblies for effective local participation.
A GREEN, CLEAN AND SUSTAINABLE ETTERBEEK
Create “oasis of tranquillity” in the municipality: increase the urban vegetation, green spaces and car-free areas with small, sequential improvement projects. More tranquillity without never-ending traffic works that negatively affect local commerce (as in Place Jourdan).
Reduce Etterbeek carbon footprint as part of a collective effort in Brussels:
- Contribute in crafting a sustainable development plan for Brussels, committing a fair share for Etterbeek.
- Facilitate car & bike sharing (i.e. more dedicated parking spots for car sharing, carpooling app to connect neighbours) and set up charging stations for electric cars.
- Increase the number of bike lanes and their safety, while providing secure bike parking.
- Organise a shorter car free Sunday each month, with fair permits for people in need.
- Change public lightning to LED to decrease energy consumption and local taxes.
- Etterbeek is to act in the interest of its inhabitants at a regional level to incentivise the construction and renovation of houses to achieve higher energy efficiency standards
ETTERBEEK: A MUNICIPALITY FOR ALL
Make Etterbeek more just: work together for more affordable and accessible public transportation and services, so that ALL citizens can fully enjoy the municipality.
Guarantee an inclusive society: tackle social exclusion, provide language and vocational trainings (especially in IT), revamp disadvantaged areas of Etterbeek as a way to increase employment, widen computer literacy, reduce micro-criminality and prevent radicalisation.
Integrate the “European Bubble”: organise initiatives and projects that can facilitate the local integration for the families of professionals employed by the European Institutions.
A BLOSSOMING ECONOMY AND CULTURE
Fight urban unemployment: nurture public-private partnerships as additional means to provide professional trainings, particularly for the youth and the unemployed. Nobody should be left behind in a fast-paced economy.
Enlarge the portfolio of cultural initiatives: incentivise and economically support cultural activities, ensuring their even distribution in the municipality.